Thursday, March 26, 2009

SA-FARI, SO GOOD!




SAFARI IS IN!

Pounce into spring with vibrant animal prints paired with solid camels and browns! Your basic khakis will be the purr-fect foundation pieces for this year's safari chic ensembles!

To create an eye catching, yet feminine, safari look, the right dose of color and zesty animal print combined with thick shoes and jewelry are essential! Sea foam greens, vibrant peacock purples, aquamarine blues and eye catching prints are very important. They add pizazz to the basic skin color foundation pieces found in the rustic, khaki and camel tones. Zippers and silk are also important when building this look. Mixing textures and rocking pieces with weight- like straps and pockets- and adding a layering light weight fabric will give dimension and texture as you explore the safari! Another area of importance: accessories! Finishing the look with heavy jewelry, for instance thick bamboo bracelets, and a pair of sandy brown or ivory gladiator heels will have you lookin' fierce!

5 comments:

  1. These are great tips! I can't wait to explore this look! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. I don't know the answer to your question offhand but I will ask my more knowledgeable blog friends. I would like to know the answer myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im testing the comment section to see if I can post anonymously

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! there is your answer, have your friends cooment under anonymous but sign their names at the end of the comment. eg words words love mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 all the puns you use in all of your entries....especially this post and the "popping pinks!" VERY creative!.you could really do something with this writing!

    ReplyDelete

caITlin