Thursday, May 14, 2009

Street Savy Style with Hidden Motivation


Boyfriend Jean Crazy for the Sake of Footwear Observation

At the moment I am sipping on my refreshingly iced coffee and, sad to say, it isn't fulfilling its usual duty of creating morning inspiration for StyleDecoupage...somewhat frustrating! Just as I start to move away from the laptop and begin my day I have an epiphany! I ask myself, 'how could you forget about that'?, so here is my post for the day! Enjoy!

We all know about the boom of the street savy styled boyfriend jean, mainly seen on celebrities, but I haven't witnessed runways showing this laid back look. Why? Well, I did my research and here is my discovery (and input, of course):

Initially sported by Katie Holmes, the boyfriend jean is the perfect look for running around day-to-day and is super cute accompanied by a light weight cardigan, but there is hidden motivation to this look! Pairing a must-have item with the boyfriend jean look allows you to show off a stellar pair of flats or sky high heels! On the runway I found that boyfriend jeans- found in four styles; skinny, straight leg, boot cut and wide leg- were worn most often to show fun footwear! The rolled, cuffed bottom of the jeans allows for a little leg to show and draws attention to the footwear. The YSL Spring '09 show was full of boyfriend jeans to allow for the aviator heels, leather boots and chic flats to be seen...and loved!

So next time you run out of the house in a tizzy after throwing on a pair of baggy, yet stylish, boyfriend jeans don't forget that your footwear matters! Step onto the pavement as you show off those great shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

caITlin